This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the ‘Policy’) of Inside Insurance (hereafter ‘Inside Insurance’, ‘we’ or ‘us’). This Policy describes the ways in which Inside Insurance collects and uses information about you when you use our website at Inside Insurance(the “Website”).
Inside Insurance may change this Policy at any time in which case we shall notify you of any changes to this Policy by noting this on the Website. The changes will apply to your use of the Website after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Policy you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Policy.
This Policy was last changed on 17 Feb 2019.
This Policy can be stored or printed using the buttons at the top of this page.
1. ICO registration: For the purposes of data protection legislation, Inside Insurance is the controller for the processing of your personal data. Inside Insurance has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) of its processing of personal data. The notification indicates what data is processed by Inside Insurance and for what purpose, and to which persons or entities the data will be provided.
2. Information which is collected when you use the Website: Inside Insurance may collect the following information from you when you use the Website:
a) any information which you enter into the Website when you sign-up to our newsletter (specifically your name and e-mail address), submit any user generated content (i.e., the information you submit to us when submitting such content), or participate in any chat session;
b) any technical information which we collect from you when you sign up to our newsletter, specifically the web browser that you are using, including its version number, as well as certain location data – namely your country, city, timezone and approximate latitude and longitude of your location;
d) if you sign into your Account using a social network (such as Twitter or Facebook), we may be able to access certain information about you through that social network that you have agreed to make available; for example on Facebook, your Facebook ID, information relating to your friends, profile picture, gender, language, geo-location or the device you are using. You can change what information we access by changing your privacy features on your social networks; and
e) certain data that we obtain via FullContact.com which compiles various publicly available data about you into one dataset for our review and use.
1. How the information collected about you when you download and use the Website is used: The information about you described in Clause 2 may be used by Inside Insurance as follows:
a) the information in 2(a) and (b) is used to provide the newsletter that you have requested to you or, in the case of any user-generated content, for us to display such user-generated content on the website together with e.g., your name showing you as the author of such review, or, in the case of the chat service, to answer you query made via such chat service;
b) the information in 2(c) enables Inside Insurance to undertake administration tasks in relation to the management of the Website, to provide technical support and troubleshooting, and to tweak, tune and facilitate the improvement of the Website;
c) the information in 2(d) and (e) enables Inside Insurance to compile a more comprehensive picture of the Website users and to be able to best serve users of the Website in doing so;
d) your e-mail address may be used to (subject to you having provided your express consent when registering or us otherwise being permitted to do so via applicable data protection and direct marketing legislation) send e-newsletters relating to our latest developments and events, links to content that we think you will like, promotional offers, discounts and loyalty rewards;
e) all of the information in Clause 2 may be used by us to suggest appropriate Facebook groups or other community groups that you might be interested in, you are able to opt-out of such personalised advertising at any time by clicking here and following the instructions;
f) all of the information in Clause 2 is used to retarget adverts such as Google advertisements or Facebook advertisements appropriately, you are able to opt-out of such personalised advertising at any time by clicking here or the link above and following the instructions;
g) all of the information in Clause 2 is used to audit IP addresses and user behaviour in order to prevent abuse; and
h) all of the information set out in Clause 2 is shared with third parties as described in Clause 5 below.
1. Ground for processing: Inside Insurance relies on the legitimate interests processing ground to collect the information set out in clause 2, with the exception of that information set out in 2(a) for which Inside Insurance relies on consent (as it is your choice whether to ask for a newsletter, participate in a chat and/or submit any user-generated content). It is in Inside Insurance’s legitimate interests to collect such items of personal data listed in 2(b) to (e) above because this is necessary in order to provide and improve the services that it offers to you and to make the Website a profitable commercial offering. The items of personal data collected are, in being limited to “business card” type data, not of a nature whereby your rights and freedoms as a data subject are outweighed by such data collection.
2. Sharing information with third parties: Inside Insurance shall not pass your information to any third party (other than as described in this clause). Your information may, subject to Inside Insurance’s obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
a) various affiliate partners;
b) Inside Insurance’s advertising partners such as Google Adsense and Amazon Associates;
c) Inside Insurance’s hosting providers – Linode and Amazon AWS;
d) Inside Insurance’s analytics partners such as Google, HotJar and VWO;
e) Inside Insurance’s support solutions providers such as The Chat Shop, LiveChat, Inc. and HelpScout;
f) Inside Insurance’s e-mail marketing provider, Aweber which processes the Newsletter Data;
g) other ancillary social media and other tools such as Facebook, Twitter, MaxMind and Fullcontact.com;
h) Inside Insurance’s back-up provider;
i) other providers for Inside Insurance’s internal processing (such as Google G-Suite), lead generation services, payment processing services, content delivery services and its survey/quiz provider;
j) having taken precautions to maintain the security of such information, Inside Insurance may share this information with its regulator (the ICO);
k) in anonymised form, Inside Insurance may share the information with:
ii. any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all Inside Insurance’s business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. Inside Insurance will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected if your personal data is transferred in accordance with this clause;
iii. data aggregators and platform providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or
iv. law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
1. Links to third party websites and third party adverts: Inside Insurance is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them via the Website. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to your Account from a third party site or via a social network, Inside Insurance is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommends that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
2. Security: Inside Insuranceh as implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. You may also change your account settings on your social networks to prevent both us and third parties seeing information in relation to you.
3. Storage and Data Retention: We retain your personal data as follows: (i) the information you submit to obtain a newsletter is suppressed as soon as you choose to unsubscribe to such newsletter; (ii) the information you submit as user generated content is deleted as soon as you object to such user generated content being continued to be used by us; (iii) the information you submit to participate in a chat is deleted once the purpose for you providing such information has completed and no later than 13 months after you have participated in such chat; and (iv) the other information in 2(b) to (e) will be retained indefinitely because it is not highly sensitive personal data and, in fact, much of the information is non-personally identifiable information and is required for historical reasons to improve the overall user experience. We store all of the information collected on our servers or those of third parties. Where we store your personal data outside the EEA we take steps to ensure that such transfers of your personal data are adequate in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
b) Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of the Website and your experience of using them. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings within the Website, or on your device. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access some of the Website, and some of the features of the Website may not function properly. By continuing to use the Website, including using social networking media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device. You can change your browser settings by clicking the appropriate link as follows: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorerand/or Safari.
1. Exercising your rights: You can contact us using the details set out in Clause 11 below if you wish to: (i) access a copy of the personal data that we hold about you; (ii) correct any items of personal data that we hold about you; and/or (iii) have any items of personal data that we hold about you erased or object to our processing of such items of personal data. In relation to any user-generated content submitted, whilst Inside Insurancewill actively moderate its reviews, if at any time you would like such content removed, please complete this form.
2. Inside Insurance Details: If at any time you would like to contact Inside Insurance about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by completing this form or write to us at “600 Stewart St, Ste 400, Seattle, WA 98101”. You may also submit a complaint to our supervisory authority at any time.
These Terms set out the terms between you and us when you access our website Inside Insurance(the “Website”). These Terms apply to all users of, and visitors to, the Website. Your use of the Website means that you accept and agree to abide by these Terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policy which is deemed to form part of these Terms. These Terms take effect from the date of your first use of the Website.
1. 1. Your use of the Website
2. 1.1. You may not use the Website:
3. 1.A. to send or post any harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
4. 1.B. in any way that is fraudulent, false, deceptive, misleading, or deceitful, or has that purpose or effect;
5. 1.C. to interfere with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
6. 1.D. to send or post any materials which contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or code design to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
7. 1.E. to send or post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials (e.g. spam);
8. 1.F. in any way that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
9. 1.G. in any way that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
10. 1.2. You may not deploy within our Website any bot, spider, web crawler or other automated query program at any time for any reason. We prohibit scraping, crawling, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Website. The use of automated systems or software to extract data from the Website for commercial purposes, (‘screen scraping’) is prohibited unless you have a written license agreement with Inside Insurance in which permits you to do so.
11. 1.3. Except in relation to reviews which you post and personally identifiable information (which is covered under our Privacy and Cookies Policy) any material you send or post to the Website shall be considered neither confidential nor proprietary. We shall have no obligations with respect to such material and shall be free to host, display and otherwise use such material for any purpose anywhere in the world.
12. 2. Intellectual Property
13. 2.1. The Website and its content (including all articles, photographs, images, text, fonts and designs) is owned by us and our licensors (unless indicated otherwise) and is protected by copyright, trade marks (both registered and unregistered), database rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights.
14. 2.2. You may view, retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen or other device which connects to the internet or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you;
15. 2.A. keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices; and
16. 2.B. do not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, resell or otherwise use it for commercial purposes.
17. 2.3. If you wish to reproduce any of our Website content commercially (including as part of any company website) please contact us using our feedback form. Permission to reproduce any of our content is at our sole discretion.
18. 3. Our Liability
19. 3.1. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS LIABILITY FOR: (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE; (B) FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; OR (C) ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE FOR WHICH LIABILITY CANNOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED BY LAW.
20. 3.2. Subject to clause 3.1, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR MANAGEMENT TIME ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
21. 3.3. Subject to clause 3.1, the content of this Website does not constitute professional advice or detailed guidance. While we try to ensure that content on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, WE GIVE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN RELATION TO THE CONTENT AND AS TO WHETHER THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE COMPLETE OR CURRENT. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY RELIANCE PLACED ON ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
22. 3.4. The Website contains reviews of hosting providers and other online services posted by users of the Website. Views expressed in these reviews are the views of the reviewer and not Digital.com. Subject to Clause 3.1, WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ERROR OR INACCURACY CONTAINED WITHIN THE REVIEWS OR FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND YOU SUFFER, INCLUDING TO YOUR REPUTATION, AS A RESULT OF THE REVIEWS.
23. 3.5. The Website may contain links to other websites or material that are beyond our control. Subject to clause 3.1, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
24. 3.6. The Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website complies with applicable laws and industry codes of practice. Subject to clause 3.1, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ERROR OR INACCURACY IN ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND WHICH YOU SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH ADVERTISING OR SPONSORSHIP.
25. 3.7. You acknowledge that the above exclusions and limitation of liability are reasonable given that the Website merely displays information and reviews in relation to third party products and services.
26. 4. Availability of the Website: We make no promise that the Website will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Website will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Website you should report it to using our feedback form and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Website as soon as we reasonably can.
27. 5. General Terms
28. 5.1. We may update these Terms from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Website. Any changes will be notified via a suitable announcement on the Website. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
29. 5.2. You may not assign any of your rights or transfer any of your obligations under these Terms to any other person.
30. 5.3. If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
31. 5.4. We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
32. 6. Law and Jurisdiction
33. 6.1. These Terms and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of the Website shall be subject to the laws of United States of America. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to commence court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of England and Wales.